thoughts on social acceptance by: GF Willmetts
- They improve the quality of the neighbourhood.
- They see vermin as dinner.
- They’re cheap to get drunk.
- They aren’t likely to enjoy the beach.
- You aren’t likely to get the type two females pregnant, but should attend a course on how to make love to them. Watch your neck.
- Their babies aren’t likely to keep you awake, at least in the first year when they stay in a cocoon.
- They don’t throw their religion down your throat.
- They aren’t human.
Geoff Willmetts has been editor at SFCrowsnest for some 15 plus years now, showing a versatility and knowledge in not only Science Fiction, but also the sciences and arts, all of which has been displayed here through editorials, reviews, articles and stories. With the latter, he has been running a short story series under the title of ‘Psi-Kicks’
If you want to contribute to SFCrowsnest, read the guidelines and show him what you can do. If it isn’t usable, he spends as much time telling you what the problems is as he would with material he accepts. This is largely how he got called an Uncle, as in Dutch Uncle. He’s not actually Dutch but hails from the west country in the UK.